Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Kotobuki Reiji Q&A Session

All of the translations linked here are my own work. Please DO NOT re-post or screenshot my work without permission.



Each of the 11 idols have a Q&A page adjacent to their solo interview page. There are 15 questions about private life and hypothetical situations, and the questions are the same for all characters. 

Reiji's Q&A can be found on page 113 of the 5th Anniversary Book.




Q1 What about you has changed compared to yourself from long ago?
I guess I’ve become a little more of an adult? It’s because have a lot of juniors now, and I’m aware that I have to set an example for them☆

Q2 What is considered a precious possession to you?
My car! I like its retro design and green body☆ I was in love from the moment I saw it. I want to cherish it always.

Q3 About how many hours of sleep do you get on average?
I’m the type who’s fine even without much sleep. I’m okay even with 3-4 hours, but when I have time I aim for about 6!

Q4 What animal would you have as a pet?
My home is a family-operated business and really busy, and since there wasn’t room to have a pet I do long for one, but when it comes down to it I don’t really know what pet I’d have.

Q5 What physical feature do you like about yourself?
My perfectly drooping eyes! The eyes can speak as much as the mouth can, don’t you think? I think it’s good for my various expressions to be shown.

Q6 If you could use a time machine, would you travel to the past or the future?
The past, maybe. I don’t think about doing things over or anything like that, but there’s someone I want to see. I wanna see them and talk to them once more. Though it’s something that’ll never come true.

Q7 If you could do something else for just one day, what would it be?
Like a producer? Doesn’t that sound cool (haha) Whether it’s people or objects is fine, but I’m interested in work that brings out the true charm that they hold!

Q8 What do you often spend time doing while you’re waiting around?
I collect information related to health. If it’s said that “this” is good for the body, I check it out and try searching for it. Our bodies are an asset.

Q9 If you were an animal, what would you be?
Lately I’ve been told it’s a tanuki, perhaps we’re similar. There is a churning of familiarity when it comes to being guileless and at a discord.

Q10 What have you been into lately?
Since I’m the type who easily holds interest in various things, it’s always changing. I guess I try out what seems to be trending?

Q11 What’s your favorite amusement park ride?
I’m not even at an age where I’d be running around an amusement park, if I go I’d be excited~♪ Personally I like the minor rides. I don’t need to stand in line for them, among other things.

Q12 What item of stress-relief do you like?
It’s more of a way to spend time rather than an item, but it’s driving. When I’m not really in the mood, I decide to go to my secret scenic point.

Q13 What place would you currently like to try visiting?
Since I like the U.K. I wanna go often. If it’s the country you love you wanna get a thorough experience of it, right? But I can’t find much time for it.

Q14 What does work mean to you?
It's a form of delight but also a source of distress. There’s good things and bad things, and since I want to continue despite that, I think that I really love it.

Q15 What do fans mean to you?
They’re my cutest and beloved girls! Just them being there makes me happy. I can’t live without them!



Translator's Notes and Thoughts:


I only had minor trouble translating this since I was a little lazy while looking up unfamiliar terms, but I was able to find the right definitions. It's so funny and cute that some of the things he says end with stars and music notes, you can just imagine the joy and fun in his voice. I also like his "droopy" eyes, whether they're grey in the anime or brown in the game, they're so beautiful and full of expression. I sincerely adore Reiji! ☆

No comments:

Post a Comment