Monday, July 4, 2016

Ichinose Tokiya Q&A Session

All of the translations linked here are my own work. Please DO NOT re-post or screenshot my work without permission.



Each of the 11 idols have a Q&A page adjacent to their solo interview page. There are 15 questions about private life and hypothetical situations, and the questions are the same for all characters. 

Tokiya's Q&A can be found on page 89 of the 5th Anniversary Book.




Q1 What about you has changed compared to yourself from long ago?
I suppose I’ve made room for more tolerance towards various personalities. There was a time when I couldn’t accept ways that were clearly different from myself.

Q2 What is considered a precious possession to you?
Since I’m not one to cling to material things, there isn’t anything specifically, but I always want to have the books I like on hand.

Q3 About how many hours of sleep do you get on average?
I want to secure about six hours. It depends on the previous day’s work, but I’m dedicated to waking up early in the morning to go jogging or do other exercise.

Q4 What animal would you have as a pet?
I have so much on my plate that I don’t give thought to taking care of a pet. I’m also away from home a lot. Caring for a life is a serious responsibility.

Q5 What physical feature do you like about yourself?
My ears, I suppose? Not the shape of them but their function. I think that my hearing is better compared to others. For work, they’re very important.

Q6 If you could use a time machine, would you travel to the past or the future?
The past. Everyone thinks about how they’d do things during that time, right? I want to give my past self advice on more efficient and effective techniques.

Q7 If you could do something else for just one day, what would it be?
I’m interested in trying a completely different field of work. It would be good to acquire life experience as an office worker. I would be even happier if it was work relevant to music.

Q8 What do you often spend time doing while you’re waiting around?
I confirm my work. Even during a break, I cannot waste time. I maintain my motivation through image training and so on.

Q9 If you were an animal, what would you be?
I don’t really know. I also don’t like to have a fixated image put on me through my remarks. I’ll leave it up to everyone’s imagination.

Q10 What have you been into lately?
I’m collecting items that are good for the throat. I especially have a variety of honey. I choose one in accordance to my condition at the time.

Q11 What’s your favorite amusement park ride?
There isn’t an attraction I like in particular. I think I would go along with whatever my companion would want to ride. It’s more rousing for a person I love to decide.

Q12 What item of stress-relief do you like?
I do half-body bathing* often, so I suppose my bath items? I stock up on fragrant bath additives. Relaxing is also important.

Q13 What place would you currently like to try visiting?
If I had the time going overseas would be nice, but since there are many places within the country that I’ve never been to, it might be good to start by getting to know Japan first.

Q14 What does work mean to you?
It’s my life. Since I’ve been involved in this world from the time I was small, I have a lot of memories related to work. It’s always occupied the majority of my life.

Q15 What do fans mean to you?
They’re the ones who push me. The feelings of those who support me are what drive me forward. I will continue to count on you.



Translator's Notes and Thoughts:


Tokiya's Q&A was pretty easy to translate since his way of speaking is formal and considered pretty standard. I find a lot of things in common with him, such as how he hates wasting time and will even use his free time to try to do something productive. His answers are incredibly thoughtful too, I enjoyed reading them! ☆

*"half-body bathing" is the activity of sitting in a bathtub that is halfway-filled with hot water and soaking the hips and legs for about 30 minutes to improve blood circulation and as a way to detox. I've read in some places that it's a "recent" trend, but I'm not exactly sure how it's different from the customary practice in Japan of soaking in the bath after a shower, which has been around for a long time as far as I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment