Wednesday, June 1, 2016

May Translation Roundup

reijismall

May is just about over, so I just want to write about my overall thoughts about this translation project thus far.

First off, I'm glad it's been well received. I originally bought this book for the costume references since I'm a cosplayer, but the idol maps really interested me and I wanted to share them with everyone. I remember when I first started looking up UtaPri-related information and just didn't find that much content in English, so for that reason I wanted to contribute something.

Translating has surely gone much faster than I thought it would. When I was asked to translate the Q&A page for Masato, it seemed really long so I thought it would take a while, but I breezed right through! While there are still many words that I have to look up in a dictionary, because I have so much experience and so many resources, translation goes pretty smoothly. I wanted to produce a good amount of content for this blog just to get things going, but from June and on it's possible that I may slow down a bit as I focus on other things like cosplay, my upcoming trip to Japan, and eventually graduate school.

Some goals I have for June are to finish translating the Special Messages from the voice actors of QUARTET NIGHT (as I have finished the seven comments from the ST☆RISH cast), complete at least three more Q&A's, and to get started on translating a different (and possibly more challenging) section of the book, maybe a song review or a staff interview. We'll see what happens! Much thanks to the readers and my followers on Twitter and Tumblr for the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment