Thursday, June 9, 2016

Aijima Cecil Q&A Session

All of the translations linked here are my own work. Please DO NOT re-post or screenshot my work without permission.



Each of the 11 idols have a Q&A page adjacent to their solo interview page. There are 15 questions about private life and hypothetical situations, and the questions are the same for all characters. 

Cecil's Q&A can be found on page 107 of the 5th Anniversary Book.






Q1 What about you has changed compared to yourself from long ago?
I’ve gotten good at Japanese! I’m also able to write Japanese with ease. Now I can remember various Kanji.

Q2 What is considered a precious possession to you?
My Japanese goods. Things like shuriken (throwing knives or stars) or ohitsu (a wooden container for cooked rice), what I’ve collected on my own as well as received from other people are important treasures to me.


Q3 About how many hours of sleep do you get on average?
I’ve never been aware of how much I sleep. When I’m sleepy, I sleep. When it’s okay to not get up for work, I sleep as much as I like.


Q4 What animal would you have as a pet?
In Agnopolis, I have a black panther that I received from my father, named Luu*. When Luu was small, we spent a lot of time together and became very close.


Q5 What physical feature do you like about yourself?
My green eyes. I like the color. When light hits them, you can see a slightly different shade. I also like them for my eyesight!


Q6 If you could use a time machine, would you travel to the past or the future?
The future would be good. Looking at history I would be able to imagine what the past was like back then, but you cannot do that with the future. I’m really interested.


Q7 If you could do something else for just one day, what would it be?
A ninja! After I played a ninja on stage, I became more and more fascinated with them. They’re very cool and fantastic!


Q8 What do you often spend time doing while you’re waiting around?
I often study Japanese. There’s more than enough to keep me busy, like looking up the meanings of difficult words in my script and writing down the pronunciation*.


Q9 If you were an animal, what would you be?
A black cat, I suppose. I have a close familiarity with it myself. I have many things in common with them, like the enjoyment of basking in the sun.


Q10 What have you been into lately?
Recently I’ve really been hooked on rice balls! Before that, I made a lot of kappa-maki**. The harmony between rice and nori is the best!


Q11 What’s your favorite amusement park ride?
I like rides that everyone can ride together. It’s a little lonely riding by oneself. I like rides that give me the sensation of floating in the sky.


Q12 What item of stress-relief do you like?
When I’m really tired, I really prefer sitting in a bath with rose petals floating in it. In Agnopolis, it has a purifying and healing effect.


Q13 What place would you currently like to try visiting?
I’d like a to visit a place with changing seasons, much like the four seasons of Japan***. Agnopolis is a country where it is summer all-year round, so having seasons is refreshing.


Q14 What does work mean to you?
I want to lift people’s spirits. Through my activities as an idol, I hope to grant them happiness.


Q15 What do fans mean to you?
They are people with whom I can share a soul. They understand the heart without saying anything and just by being there. That won’t change even if we are separated. Because our hearts are one.



Translator's Notes and Thoughts:


Cecil's Q&A was a breeze to translate. I just had to leave a lot of notes for this one because Cecil uses a few Japanese words that don't really have English equivalents. I love his careful way of speaking Japanese because it's easy to understand and break down the sentences. It's definitely not as difficult as Ranmaru's or Camus'. My favorite thing is that Cecil has a pet panther, which is incredibly cool. ☆

*I'm not sure about the English spelling of his panther's name. In Japanese it's written ルー (ruu).

**'kappa-maki' is strips of cucumbers wrapped in nori, a seaweed laver that is used for foods like rice balls and sushi rolls. 

***Japanese people describe their country as having four seasons, and I've met some who speak of it as though it's a unique feature of their country. While that's not necessarily true, I can say from experience that much of Japan (the main island specifically) has weather that is much more consistent temperature-wise compared to where I'm from.

No comments:

Post a Comment