Saturday, June 4, 2016

Ittoki Otoya Q&A Session

All of the translations linked here are my own work. Please DO NOT re-post or screenshot my work without permission.



Each of the 11 idols have a Q&A page adjacent to their solo interview page. There are 15 questions about private life and hypothetical situations, and the questions are the same for all characters. 

Otoya's Q&A can be found on page 71 of the 5th Anniversary Book.




Q1 What about you has changed compared to yourself from long ago?
I’ve been able to calm down just a bit! I’m trying to think before I act. But what’s most important to me is that my feelings don’t change.

Q2 What is considered a precious possession to you?
Sure enough it’s my first guitar. Also my soccer ball that I used from a long time ago! I’ve spent so much time with it that I cherish it.


Q3 About how many hours of sleep do you get on average?
About seven hours, I guess? I’d wanna sleep a little longer if I could, but it’s probably because of the work I have after becoming an idol that I can’t.


Q4 What animal would you have as a pet?
It’s not an animal, but I’m raising a cactus! Its named Sabota, but I’m getting it to bloom and grow taller, and I observe it everyday.


Q5 What physical feature do you like about yourself?
My teeth, I guess. Everyone compliments them. Lately I’ve been working out so I feel good about my abs too, but there’s not a lot of chances to show them off, haha.


Q6 If you could use a time machine, would you travel to the past or the future?
That’s difficult! I wanna visit both! Do I have to choose? If I have to, the future, I guess? I reeeally wanna see the future.


Q7 If you could do something else for just one day, what would it be?
I’d wanna be a pro soccer player and play in a match! Since it’s a world where wins and losses are definite, I think it’s a different kind of stimulation from being an idol.


Q8 What do you often spend time doing while you’re waiting around?
Nothing for certain. I do something that I wanna do in order to relax. When I’m sleepy I rest, when I’m hungry I eat…I spend that time freely.


Q9 If you were an animal, what would you be?
A dog. I’m told that I’m direct and friendly like one. Since I like to move my body, if I were a dog I’d probably enjoy walks too.


Q10 What have you been into lately?
I’ve been cycling a lot recently. It’s still ongoing! I can’t help but want a new bicycle so much that it’s hard to hold back.


Q11 What’s your favorite amusement park ride?
Something that spins around! The spinning teacup ride, something that I spin myself, I end up doing those too much. It’s fun feeling dizzy, haha.


Q12 What item of stress-relief do you like?
When I don’t feel great, I try to sing to my heart’s desires. It’s even better if I have a guitar! Just with that I can feel happy.


Q13 What place would you currently like to try visiting?
A good place with scenery! A place with a lot of nature and delicious food would be nice. I wanna go hang out in a group in some place like the sea or the mountains!


Q14 What does work mean to you?
An ongoing dream. Because my wish of being an idol and singing became a reality. I want to continue to cherish it.


Q15 What do fans mean to you?
A source that gives me power. Of course I wanna give back even more! I always want to make people smile.



Translator's Notes and Thoughts:


Otoya is so adorable! I couldn't stop laughing at the part about him taking care of a cactus, and then he was such a tease talking about not having more opportunities to show off his abs, haha. I really loved his answers, and they were really easy to understand! ☆

No comments:

Post a Comment