Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Kurosaki Ranmaru Q&A Session

All of the translations linked here are my own work. Please DO NOT re-post or screenshot my work without permission.



Each of the 11 idols have a Q&A page adjacent to their solo interview page. There are 15 questions about private life and hypothetical situations, and the questions are the same for all characters. 

Ranmaru's Q&A can be found on page 119 of the 5th Anniversary Book.





Q1 What about you has changed compared to yourself from long ago?
I can live a decent life. When I came to Tokyo, I barely had enough to eat. My sense of stability changed just from obtaining food, clothing, and shelter.

Q2 What is considered a precious possession to you?
My bass guitar. It’s my life. If I don’t have it I’m restless. Even if I’m busy, if I don’t play it once a day I go crazy.


Q3 About how many hours of sleep do you get on average?
Including naps, I guess it’s a moderate amount. I usually go straight to sleep unless I have something to do. If I could I’d wanna sleep more than 8 hours.


Q4 What animal would you have as a pet?
A cat. Right now one lives at my place as it pleases. That’s how things turned out, but it’s good that it’s not too troublesome.


Q5 What physical feature do you like about yourself?
My hands. They’re relatively large, huh. As a bassist, my fingers are an important tool of trade. I grow fond of what I use often.


Q6 If you could use a time machine, would you travel to the past or the future?
The future. Reflecting on the past doesn’t change anything. It’s better to think about what’s ahead. Well, though even if I go to the future there’s nothing to do.


Q7 If you could do something else for just one day, what would it be?
There’s nothing in particular I'd wanna be. I guess something I’d probably be able to do is be a cook. I knew a little bit about it a long time ago.


Q8 What do you often spend time doing while you’re waiting around?
I nap. Later if I’m hungry, I eat the catering that’s left. Being hungry while on air is the worst. So both are in preparation for work.


Q9 If you were an animal, what would you be?
HUH? So what if I was one? I don’t get the point of this. Anything’s fine. As long as it’s wild and ‘rock’ whatever is okay.


Q10 What have you been into lately?
Eating fruit. Especially bananas. They’re handy, delicious, and filling. It’s the best. They’re also easy on the wallet. That’s helpful.


Q11 What’s your favorite amusement park ride?
I don’t really go often so I dunno. I really don’t know. I guess it would be good to ride something that looks appealing?


Q12 What item of stress-relief do you like?
Eating something delicious. It’s the best feeling when you’re eating something you like, right? As long as I’m full, my heart’s also at ease.


Q13 What place would you currently like to try visiting?
Something with a lot of nature. Whether it’s the sea or the mountains, as long as it has a good view it’s fine. It might even be good to challenge myself with a land I’ve never been to.


Q14 What does work mean to you?
It’s my means of living. Because people can’t eat unless they work. But, there’s something more important than that. There’s no reason to live unless you have a dream.


Q15 What do fans mean to you?
People who understand me. They’re ones who feel what it is I’m trying to do. We can share everything from pleasure to sadness. It’s that kind of relationship.



Translator's Notes and Thoughts:


Ranmaru's masculine way of speaking makes it a little difficult to understand what he's saying sometimes, but it's fun to listen to him. I love how he sounds indifferent to doing this entire Q&A, and even gets annoyed at the question about being an animal. It was really fun to translate this even though it was a little challenging! ☆

No comments:

Post a Comment