Friday, June 17, 2016

Kurusu Syo Q&A Session

All of the translations linked here are my own work. Please DO NOT re-post or screenshot my work without permission.



Each of the 11 idols have a Q&A page adjacent to their solo interview page. There are 15 questions about private life and hypothetical situations, and the questions are the same for all characters. 

Syo's Q&A can be found on page 101 of the 5th Anniversary Book.





Q1 What about you has changed compared to yourself from long ago?
I think my heart and body have gotten a super power-up! My patience has gotten stronger too. I’m surrounded by individualistic people so I’ve been twisted and trained that way, haha.

Q2 What is considered a precious possession to you?
The DVDs of series that Hyuga-sensei performed in! I can remember the lines word-for-word because I’ve watched them all so many times. That’s how much I respect him.


Q3 About how many hours of sleep do you get on average?
8 hours on average, but I want 9! But when I have work I can’t really say that, huh. On my days off I end up sleeping too much. A well-slept child is a well-kept child!


Q4 What animal would you have as a pet?
I’d love a big dog. We could exercise together! One that’s smart and kind would be good. I’d enjoy having fun with them everyday!


Q5 What physical feature do you like about yourself?
My hands! I’ve always painted my nails black. When my nails are done I get pumped up. And I feel like having cool hands boosts male attractiveness.


Q6 If you could use a time machine, would you travel to the past or the future?
The future, hands down! Of course it makes me curious. I wanna see how civilization will advance! Just thinking about it is exciting. It seems full of dreams.


Q7 If you could do something else for just one day, what would it be?
I’d like to try some fashion-related work. My dad’s a stylist so that probably has something to do with it. It seems tough but worthwhile.


Q8 What do you often spend time doing while you’re waiting around?
I often chat with co-stars. Especially when I’m talking with my friends at the agency, I get really worked up. I’ll laugh too much and then I end up feeling exhausted. (bitter laugh)


Q9 If you were an animal, what would you be?
A lion! Visually, maybe we’re kinda different, but when it comes to feelings it's definitely me for sure! I really do admire strength.


Q10 What have you been into lately?
I collect fashion items that I use as disguise while walking out in public. Hats of course, and then things like scarves and glasses that are just for show. I choose ones that don’t stand out too much.


Q11 What’s your favorite amusement park ride?
I like anything, I guess. Just being in an amusement park is really fun. After becoming an idol, I haven’t really been able to go, but it’s a place I like.


Q12 What item of stress-relief do you like?
Hot milk! When I drink it when I’m tired or before I go to bed, I feel super relieved. Putting a little sugar in it probably helps. It’s super delicious.


Q13 What place would you currently like to try visiting?
Nagoya. Lately since I haven’t been able to visit my parents’ house I feel like I should go see them. And it seems like it would be interesting to walk around a nostalgic area.


Q14 What does work mean to you?
I do my absolute best! It’s simply that. It never hurts to do something well, but I want to place more importance on the feelings behind it. It’s important for the heart to be conveyed.


Q15 What do fans mean to you?
They’re my allies that I reach for dreams with together! To the fans who’ve created a space for me to sing, I can’t express in words how grateful I am. Thank you!



Translator's Notes and Thoughts:


Syo uses the word すげー (an informal way of saying 'sugoi') a lot so I chose "super" as an equivalent because it sounds like something he would say instead of "really" to add emphasis to something. I think my favorite answer was about his hands--he's definitely knows about the allure of attractive hands! ☆

No comments:

Post a Comment