Wednesday, June 15, 2016

5th Anniversary Special Message Part 2

All of the translations linked here are my own work. Please DO NOT re-post or screenshot my work without permission.



spmsg2

The comments from the voice actors of the 11 idols of Uta no Prince-sama can be found on pages 280 through 283 of the 5th Anniversary Book. I've separated the comments into two parts; Part 2 includes the cast of QUARTET NIGHT. You can read Part 1 here.


Morikubo Showtaro as Kotobuki Reiji

"Since I joined in the middle of everything, this is just the 3rd year that I’ve been allowed to take part in the series, but I was quite surprised by the enthusiasm felt when the UtaPri series was launched and its great influential power. Since the cast is full of people I’m close with, I was hoping for an appearance…so when it was determined that I’d join UtaPri as sempai Kotobuki Reiji, I was really happy. Actually, I was considerably nervous about entering this world created by the original seven members, but I remember even now how relieved I was to be received by everyone. Since I’ve been in three games as well as the anime, I can boldly declare myself as “UtaPri Family” now I think, haha. Please continue to support both Kotobuki Reiji and Morikubo Showtaro!"

Suzuki Tatsuhisa as Kurosaki Ranmaru

"Since I heard so much from everywhere around me about UtaPri’s popularity, when I was offered a role, I was happy from the bottom of my heart. I consider it an honor for Kurosaki Ranmaru to have been created from step one by the entire team, from the producer to the staff. We four who play the sempais joined in the middle of the series, but while respecting the other seven members, there is this sense of, “Let’s lead them somewhere.” I really love this UtaPri team blessed with friends who motivate each other while having that kind of imbalance. The sense of balance between shortcuts and challenges in UtaPri is wonderful, and I want to continue to transmit more of the things I can do as Ranmaru."


Aoi Shouta as Mikaze Ai

"In the beginning when I was first cast to be in the series, I felt a lot of pressure. But I’m so happy to be here as “Mikaze Ai” and to be accepted by everyone. As two people both having to start from somewhere—me having no experience as a voice actor at the time, and Ai having to understand many emotions—there’s a lot of things that overlap between us. Because of that, I want to work with all of my might in order to make Ai shine. Up to now I’ve walked with Ai as a team, but from now I’d like to grow while taking a bit of the lead. I want to continue being the one walking together with Ai, and become worthy as a member of UtaPri. I’ll do my best, so I’d be happy for you to continue supporting me!"

Maeno Tomoaki as Camus

"I joined in the middle of UtaPri, but up to this point I have been granted the chance to challenge myself with various things. From this series alone, having matured a lot in the large amount of content it has, as well as receiving so much support from everyone, I feel a comfortable amount of pressure. But, of all things, I think that the determination that we as performers have to pour our feelings into the characters and firmly protect their image, to feel that vividly both on stage and off, is an amazing thing. It’s the collection of content known as, "Uta no Prince-sama,” in which I know that the cast loves the series and its characters with all of their hearts, and so from now I want to continue my performance without letting my love for the series burn out. While keeping these feelings and my passion burning, I want us all to unite and continue to keep challenging ourselves!"


Translator's Thoughts and Notes:

I didn't have any significant hardships while translating the last four comments. I really liked Morikubo-san's comments (he's my favorite UtaPri voice actor) and I really loved Aoi Shouta's message as well since I knew that this was really a breakout role for him! I'm so glad that the seiyuu all enjoy voicing these characters. I wish there could have been a special comment from Yusa Kouji (Ryuya-sensei) and Nakamura Yuichi (Ringo-sensei) as well!☆

No comments:

Post a Comment