Sunday, May 29, 2016

Shinomiya Natsuki Q&A Session

All of the translations linked here are my own work. Please DO NOT re-post or screenshot my work without permission.



Each of the 11 idols have a Q&A page adjacent to their solo interview page. There are 15 questions about private life and hypothetical situations, and the questions are the same for all characters. 

Natsuki's Q&A can be found on page 83 of the 5th Anniversary Book.





Q1 What about you has changed compared to yourself from long ago?
I think I’ve become able to face my feelings of negativity. I think it’s good if I can change even those feelings into happiness.

Q2 What is considered a precious possession to you?
Since I love small and cute things, I collect goods that I feel are cute. I especially have a lot of Piyo-chan goods!


Q3 About how many hours of sleep do you get on average?
About seven? In the mornings I wake up a little early and have some personal time to talk to the birds and cook!


Q4 What animal would you have as a pet?
Since my family’s home is a farm, there’s a lot of animals. Since they’re all so cute, I can’t decide which one is the best.


Q5 What physical feature do you like about yourself?
It’s not a body part, but I like my height. I can see really far, and I don’t have any trouble reaching for things. It’s really convenient!


Q6 If you could use a time machine, would you travel to the past or the future?
The future would be good. I wanna see what my future self is like! It seems like it would be fun talking to a more grown version of myself.


Q7 If you could do something else for just one day, what would it be?
I’d want to be an astronomer. I really love the stars, so I want to know more about them. It’s wonderful thinking about the vast universe!


Q8 What do you often spend time doing while you’re waiting around?
I go for a walk maybe? When I walk outside it changes my mood. But I end up like a lost child sometimes so I can’t go very far.


Q9 If you were an animal, what would you be?
I’ve often been told that I resemble a polar bear. Since I also love bears it makes me happy. I guess I have a big body like one?


Q10 What have you been into lately?
After I made a shelf to store my tea sets, I’m really into DIY projects! I can make something into the shape I want it to be, and I grow attached to it!


Q11 What’s your favorite amusement park ride?
I think the merry-go-round is wonderful and magical. It can make me feel as though I’ve turned into a character from a fairy tale.


Q12 What item of stress-relief do you like?
Soft and fluffy roomwear. Just touching it makes me feel at ease. That and basking in the sun by the window make the ultimate combination.


Q13 What place would you currently like to try visiting?
France. I want to visit the place where I lived as a child. I also want to see my friends again. I wonder if they’re doing well.


Q14 What does work mean to you?
Encounters and connections with people. My friends and the staff at the agency, as well as the fans, they're all very important to me.


Q15 What do fans mean to you?
Companions that I can play music with. My song would be nothing without people to listen to them. Because you’re here, I can sing.



Translator's Notes and Thoughts:


I enjoyed reading Natsuki's answers. His way of speaking isn't as stiff and serious like some of the others, and I wanted to reflect some of that in the English. I also didn't know he was into DIY projects! It's hard to imagine him building stuff and using power tools when he's so cute.☆

No comments:

Post a Comment