Monday, May 16, 2016

Hijirikawa Masato Q&A Session

All of the translations linked here are my own work. Please DO NOT re-post or screenshot my work without permission.



Each of the 11 idols have a Q&A page adjacent to their solo interview page. There are 15 questions about private life and hypothetical situations, and the questions are the same for all characters. 

Masato's Q&A can be found on page 77 of the 5th Anniversary Book.





Q1 What about you has changed, compared to yourself from long ago?
I’ve gotten used to appearing in public. It doesn’t really show on my face, but on the inside there were many times that I’d feel nervous. Compared to before, I’ve become able to behave more confidently.

Q2 What is considered a precious possession to you?
The calligraphy instruments passed down to me from my grandfather, the letters I receive from my little sister…a lot of items related to my family. Touching them feels natural and sets my heart at ease.

Q3 About how many hours of sleep do you get on average?
I try to get at least 8 hours. I wake up relatively early, at 6am. I believe the expression “the early bird gets the worm” absolutely rings true.

Q4 What animal would you have as a pet?
I’ve never taken care of a pet, but I suppose it would be a dog. I feel like I could establish a mutual trust with them as a suitable partner for a human. I think it would be enjoyable to take them for walks in the morning.

Q5 What physical feature do you like about yourself?
I want to say…the fingers that I use to play the piano, but people around me often talk about the beauty mark under my eye and my hair.

Q6 If you could use a time machine, would you travel to the past or the future?
The past. I would like to show my grandfather how I’ve grown. If it weren’t for him, I don’t think I would have become an idol. If I could see him, I’d want to express my gratitude.

Q7 If you could become something else (other than an idol) for just one day, what would it be?
I gained a great deal of knowledge during times where I had to do comedic work. Knowing how difficult it is, I’d like to try putting myself in the comedy world. Although I’m not too confident that I’d be good at it.

Q8 What do you often spend time doing while you’re waiting around?
Depending on how much free time I have, since I like making things with my hands, I do embroidery and knitting and the like. A lot of time I give the thing I’ve made to my little sister.

Q9 If you were an animal, what would you be?
I’d want to be a swan. They’re beautiful and elegant, but it takes unseen effort to preserve those features. I admire that image of devotion.

Q10 What have you been into lately?
It’s fun to making food that I haven’t challenged myself to make before, like Western food and sweet food. Since I buy more than enough in the case of failure, I tend to end up making too much.

Q11 What’s your favorite amusement park ride?
I’d rather watch companions enjoying a ride. If I were to get on a ride myself, I think I would prefer something calmer that anyone could ride.

Q12 What item of stress-relief do you like?
Calligraphy. Depending on my mood, I also write haiku. Being able to weave words together well is a euphoric feeling that is indescribable.

Q13 What place would you currently like to try visiting?
There’s no place in particular. I’m somewhat interested in traveling around by train. Going somewhere without setting any purpose seems adventurous and enjoyable.

Q14 What does work mean to you?
Being in the position of continuing to put out results. Having people look at you and pleased with what you’re doing. It’s the same whether it’s singing or theater. In order to succeed, I must do my best and devote myself.

Q15 What do fans mean to you?
They support and watch over me. They empathize and smile. They’re like a warm light to me. I am always thankful for them.




Translator's Notes and Thoughts:


This is the first of the Idol Q&A's that I've translated. It wasn't nearly as difficult to translate as I thought it would be--he does use quite a few words that I hadn't previously seen before, but his manner of speaking is pretty easy to understand. I've always loved the fact that sewing and handiwork is one of his hobbies, and I can't help but squeal every time he mentions his adorable little sister Mai!☆

No comments:

Post a Comment