Thursday, May 19, 2016

Camus Q&A Session

All of the translations linked here are my own work. Please DO NOT re-post or screenshot my work without permission.



Each of the 11 idols have a Q&A page adjacent to their solo interview page. There are 15 questions about private life and hypothetical situations, and the questions are the same for all characters. 

Camus' Q&A can be found on page 131 of the 5th Anniversary Book.






Q1 What about you has changed compared to yourself from long ago?
My surroundings. Leaving my country, and being in Japan. And then there is doing idol activities. I never thought this would happen.

Q2 What is considered a precious possession to you?
My name. As a word to express myself, there is nothing more important. Having a name allows me to exist as an individual.


Q3 About how many hours of sleep do you get on average?
I get 8 hours. If I could, I would want to rest more, but I cannot. Not just sleep, but I want more time to spend relaxing.


Q4 What animal would you have as a pet?
A dog. I currently have one. Alexander is a good companion and supporter. He is superior to a human being and has a kind heart.


Q5 What physical feature do you like about yourself?
My nose. I like the height, shape, and size of it. I have been praised by her Majesty the Queen for having such clear-cut, sharp looks.


Q6 If you could use a time machine, would you travel to the past or the future?
I have no need for that. The present is enough. It is useless just thinking seriously about talk of a such a fantasy.


Q7 If you could do something else for just one day, what would it be?
If it were permitted, I would want to switch places with the Queen so I could visit places that she likes. I would like to taste the pleasure of freedom.


Q8 What do you often spend time doing while you’re waiting around?
I take a rest by having tea and sweets. Being with what I love gives my heart some peace of mind. Although it is for a short time.


Q9 If you were an animal, what would you be?
It is said that a pet resembles its master, but I do appreciate the nobility and sublimity in the appearance of a Borzoi breed like Alexander.


Q10 What have you been into lately?
Japanese sweets. Western sweets are also delicious, but a subtle sweetness has a charm of its own. Azuki bean jelly in particular is handy for carrying so it is very convenient. 


Q11 What’s your favorite amusement park ride?
Rather than attractions, I am interested in the theme park’s exclusive sweets. I taste the deliciousness when combined with the atmosphere of the park.


Q12 What item of stress-relief do you like?
Condensed milk. I use it when something is not sweet enough. I will add as much as needed until it suits my taste.


Q13 What place would you currently like to try visiting?
While it is not a place I can return to very easily, it is my birthplace of Silk Palace. I love the country which Her Majesty the Queen loves.


Q14 What does work mean to you?
Work is work, and nothing more. I am merely accomplishing my duties. It is wise to not allow my personal feelings be caught in between.


Q15 What do fans mean to you?
They are a pleasant existence of young ladies and also ignorant masses. All of myself as an idol is left in their hands. Everything is at their will…...



Translator's Notes and Thoughts:


Camus' Japanese is still difficult for me to understand so I had a little trouble translating a few parts here and there. He's a supporting character in Cecil's Debut route and a lot of the words he uses are words I hadn't even heard before! I kinda wish he had given the interview in his other persona, where he uses polite Japanese. But overall I really enjoyed reading his answers--I can imagine him carrying a bag of sweets and condensed milk around with him at all times!☆

No comments:

Post a Comment