Sunday, May 22, 2016

Mikaze Ai Q&A Session

All of the translations linked here are my own work. Please DO NOT re-post or screenshot my work without permission.



Each of the 11 idols have a Q&A page adjacent to their solo interview page. There are 15 questions about private life and hypothetical situations, and the questions are the same for all characters. 

Ai's Q&A can be found on page 125 of the 5th Anniversary Book.





Q1 What about you has changed compared to yourself from long ago?
I’ve come to understand people’s thoughts. Not just by making inferences based on a collection of data, but also being able to perceive.

Q2 What is considered a precious possession to you?
Not so much tangible objects, but perhaps the memories that accompany them. They don’t have a shape, but they’re there. Objects with shapes may break, but the memories aren’t lost.


Q3 About how many hours of sleep do you get on average?
I like getting 7 to 8 hours. Getting enough rest takes priority over moving around. I try to obtain just enough hours of sleep.


Q4 What animal would you have as a pet?
I can’t imagine taking care of a pet, but I’m interested in sea life like fish and jellyfish.


Q5 What physical feature do you like about yourself?
My body parts are nothing but parts, so there’s nothing that I like individually. I’m told by others that the gap between my appearance and my height is a good thing.


Q6 If you could use a time machine, would you travel to the past or the future?
The future. I don’t think I’d want to visit the past, there isn’t much there. It’s said that time is finite, but I think that’s good because there is an ending.


Q7 If you could do something else for just one day, what would it be?
Even if I was able to do something else, if it’s only for one day, wouldn’t it be meaningless? I wonder if something could be gained in such a short amount of time. Even though it would just be tiring.


Q8 What do you often spend time doing while you’re waiting around?
I often gather data. If something catches my attention, I check it immediately. I aim to research, analyze and put it to good use in the future.


Q9 If you were an animal, what would you be?
Like a blue bird? In the natural world there aren’t many animals that have the same color as my hair. But being able to actually fly in the sky must be a good feeling.


Q10 What have you been into lately?
I’m interested in scented objects. I’m drawn to things that have them, like fragrances and even food. I think scents are deeply connected with emotions.


Q11 What’s your favorite amusement park ride?
Anything is fine. There isn’t anything in particular that isn’t okay with me. But I still can’t understand how to enjoy an amusement park to begin with. What do I do in order to enjoy it?


Q12 What item of stress-relief do you like?
Games, I suppose. I play them provided that I have time to do so, but within that time I like to think about what I should do in order to play efficiently.


Q13 What place would you currently like to try visiting?
Because I can’t go out openly due to my line of work, I’d like to try walking around somewhere like the train station entrance as everyday people would. It doesn’t have to be any place in particular.


Q14 What does work mean to you?
It’s the meaning of my existence. I feel it’s safe to say that I was born for that purpose. It’s something very important to me.


Q15 What do fans mean to you?
They shape who I am, in that I think I express the things that everyone hopes for. So I’d like for them to continue watching over me.



Translator's Notes and Thoughts:


I skipped typing out the Japanese first and decided to just translate as I read along in the book, so I finished a lot faster than expected! Ai's answers were quite easy to understand; I guess it's due to the fact that he's a machine and therefore he speaks more in a logical sense rather than expressing emotion. It's cute that he doesn't understand how to have fun at an amusement park.☆

No comments:

Post a Comment