Sunday, May 24, 2020

May 2020 Update



So not too long after my last update, I was given the order to finally start working from home. I didn't think it would be too bad, but actually I can't stand it. The pressure that one puts on themselves to prove they're doing enough work is very real! And because I'm stuck at home, I don't feel any sense of relief when I've finished for the day, because I'm sitting in the same location that I was when I was working. I have this personal policy of not bringing my work home with me, but now the work has invited itself into my home and it's stressful.

As a result, I haven't done any extra work on the Secret Garden Party translations. I have translations done but I haven't rendered them into images yet. I also haven't done much group order work, because the shipping to most countries is still halted. While I said I would look into shipping to non-USA countries, I feel like it's just better to wait. I was asked by a buyer about DHL, but the sign-up process is lengthy and shipping is significantly more expensive.

In regards to the arrival of more merch, I should be receiving the KumaPri Maji Love Kingdom order within a week, and the PRINCE CAT order is being prepared by BOS for shipment and appears to be on schedule for a late June/early July arrival. I don't have much hope in a lift on the shipping ban before this point, so I've run into an issue that I was concerned about, which was having very large orders arrive in my small temporary apartment. I'll take care of this in one way or another, and I'm hoping the extra moving costs won't be too painful. In case you were wondering, I don't plan to charge anyone extra for shipping and handling to cover this issue, but if you would like to donate I do have my Ko-fi page up for my translation work, or if you'd like to leave a tip in your next order that's also an option!

On the bright side, I did find a new place to call home! I'm scheduled to move to my new place in mid-July, so hopefully I'll be able to get some of this UtaPri merch off my hands before then. I'll try to keep everyone updated!

Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment