Wednesday, May 3, 2017

April Translation Roundup and Updates



April has been an...interesting month. I guess? Right now I can barely recall anything earlier than the past week, because that's when I started tutoring part-time. I've been really busy and my work schedule coupled with multiple side projects have disrupted my sleep pattern, so as I write this my mind hasn't been at 100% working capacity.



Translation Updates:

  • Reiji's Solo Interview has been completed and separated into two parts. I'm going to do this with all interviews and hopefully I'll have at least one finished per month.
  • I completed another Trading voice cube translation, which was unexpected since I didn't think they'd release new voice cubes so soon after the "Date" version from last fall.
  • Sadly, the interview from the Polaris booklet has been put on the back burner. Apparently it contains some details from the drama CD itself and I haven't had the time to sit down and listen to it. Once I listen then I'll be able to work on the interview.
  • I'm working on a new translation which is much easier on my brain. I will not reveal any details about it and I have no idea when it'll be finished, but once I have a few pieces done I hope to have them posted.

Japan Trip Updates:

  • My flight to Japan to attend Maji Love Live 6th Stage has been booked and finalized! I never thought I would ever take part in experiencing a live concert, but my friends were determined to get me to go. Pretty much the entire trip (May 24th to June 6th) will be dedicated to UtaPri!
  • Project 1: I'm planning to write up a live report, a set list at minimum. I can't promise elaborate details but I'll do my best to write down some highlights and my own impressions of the concert. I'm attending the first day of the 2-day concert and I've entered the lottery for rear-seat tickets for Day 2.
  • Project 2: With the 6th Stage merchandise list posted, I will be doing a shopping service. I'm anticipating this to be the most stressful part of the trip, especially because my friends and I are planning to get up very, VERY early in the morning to get in line to buy merchandise. (I'm yawning just thinking about it.) Details about the service will be shared each day via my social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr @reijiwiththegoodhair). If you're interested in buying merchandise, please check out my translated list here and read about the shopping service here!
  • Project 3: The Maji Love Legend Star Animate cafe will be open during my visit! I'm really hoping to be able to visit at least twice. I plan to take photos and write a report with combined details of each visit. Back in September I was able to secure two visits to the popular Osomatsu-san Animate cafe last August, so I'm optimistic about getting a reservation for the UtaPri cafe. I won't find out the results of the lottery until May 10th and May 17th. Fingers crossed!

Other Information

  • The month of May is going to be busy with updates. As I get more information from the UtaPri Official Twitter I'll try to keep up. I will also try to provide information for buying other merchandise, such as from the Shining Store.
  • I'm still accepting donations! Everything I'm working on--updates about the concert and goods, the shopping service, and translations--takes up pretty much all of my free time. If you find this info to be useful and would like to offer a token of gratitude, see my donation page or contact me if you'd rather offer something other than PayPal.
  • Expect next month's update to come late, as I will not be back from Japan until June 6th. I hope everything goes smoothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment