Monday, May 15, 2017

Uta no Prince-sama Anniversary Comic

All of the translations linked here are my own work. Please DO NOT re-post or screenshot my work without permission.



The Anniversary Comic (from which this blog's header image was taken) is located in the back of the book and is illustrated by Yukihiro Utako. Take note that it is read from right to left (Japanese style) so the "last" page is actually the first page, and vice versa. A sample of the comic art is below and--as you may be able to tell--is what I currently use as the header for this blog.

For the time being, I chose not to provide page scans or context of who is saying what, so some of the dialogue may be a bit vague unless you have access to the comic.





[STARISH idols are gathered]

MISSION: Find the origin of music!!

"Another cryptic letter from the president..."

"But surely we’ll understand once everyone gathers in the same place."

"Saotome Academy…certainly this is the place where things began for us."

"It seems like when we put on brand-new school uniforms, we found our new selves."

"Music guided us..."

"Which is why we’re all here..."

(But…I feel like something’s missing…?)

"Ah…we’ve reached the Master Course dorm before we even knew it."

"Ah!"

[Senior idols appear]

"Why are you guys here?"

"We got letters from Shining."

"So you guys also…?"

"By us waiting here you’d know that you got the right answer."

"Huh? So you guys were appointed to this spot?"

"I see…so that’s what it was."

"What is it that you see?"

"The answer isn’t the location…what’s important is that we’ve all gathered here."

"!?"

"So that’s it! The source of our song is the link of the time we’ve spent together!"

"So that’s our origin..."

"And the link that brought us together as one..."

(Because there is none other than her…)

"...will always be with us!"



Translator's Notes:

I translated this quite some time ago, but wanted to wait for a special time to post it since it was no normal translation. While I wanted to save it for the very last, I decided to post it today to mark the 1st Anniversary of my translation project, this blog known as "UTA☆PRITHM."

From the bottom of my heart, thank you. Translating the 5th Anniversary Book will probably take years but I'm determined to never stop, and it's the support I receive from fans that keeps me going. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment