Wednesday, December 12, 2018

December 2018 Update



It's the last update of 2018! Let's start with some shopping information:
  • All group orders released in 2018 have been taken care of! It's incredible to see how much merch is made for UtaPri, they pretty much kept me busy all year. I have many repeat buyers and also got a lot of new names on my sign-up lists. I'm glad that people are finding my blog and social media and/or telling their friends about it! Thankfully the sign-ups are still small enough for me to manage all by myself, although the Prince Parka order was pretty close to overwhelming me. If you were part of a group order this year and would like to express your gratitude, you can leave a review on my Facebook page or on my Sales Tumblr (anonymous is okay)!
  • So many newcomers have asked me various questions about my group orders, so I've written a guide, which you can read here. I hope this helps anyone who has questions about the sign-up and payment process!
  • Because of all of the new merchandise being released, I've slowed down sales of old items, but I do have some new items that I will post in a few weeks. Some of you who follow me on multiple accounts may have noticed that I post items in different places at different times, and I don't always post the same things everywhere. This is mostly to be fair to people who use different social media so everyone can have a chance to buy something from me.
  • Lastly, I will stop shipping items for the rest of this year since I must prepare for traveling during the winter break. I'll resume selling items and shipping in January!

So 2018 has been an incredibly busy year! In the 2 1/2 years that I've been writing this blog, this year as definitely contained a lot of turning points, the biggest one being my transition from translations to shopping.

When I started this blog in 2016, I never thought it would become home to a bunch of updates about ordering UtaPri merchandise and the latest events I've attended. At first I was a little disappointed that I couldn't offer more translations, and even a little guilty because I started this blog for that purpose. But in the past year, I've received so many messages of appreciation from people who have asked me to help them buy UtaPri stuff. I even learned how to trade with Japanese fans, an experience I didn't expect to gain while living in Japan.

The other unexpected change was my love for the 2.5 stage plays for Gekidan Shining (and even non-UtaPri plays). I've never had a large interest in "live action" shows (despite being a Sailor Moon fan, I've never watched any of the Sailor Moon musicals). Even when I went to see JOKER TRAP and then Shining Revue in the spring, it wasn't something I intended to become that involved in. Four viewings of POLARIS, one favorite actor, and three DVD purchases later, my involvement with UtaPri has truly evolved and I'm happy to see talented actors and staff involved in bringing these stories to life! I'm excited to see what 2019 holds!

I hope everyone finds some time to rest as this year comes to a close, and I'll see you on social media!

No comments:

Post a Comment