Saturday, April 1, 2017

March Translation Roundup


I did manage to finish the character profiles for Polaris, and I’ve started on the Reiji Solo Interview. I thought I would have more time to translate this month, but I received some unfortunate news early in the month that derailed my plans.

After months of preparing my graduate school application, I wasn’t accepted into the program. This put me through a bout with depression for a few weeks as I tried to pick up the pieces. It’s a long, personal story that I would rather not go into, but it’s given me some perspective. So I’ve had a change of plans: I would focus on returning to teaching English in Japan, hopefully getting a new job in the fall.

Something else has also come up: As some of you may have read on my Twitter, I’ve been invited by a friend to travel to Japan with her for the UtaPri 6th Stage concert! While I told her initially that I couldn’t really afford it at this time, she really wants me to go with her. It would be her first trip to Japan and I would be able to accompany her and act as her tour guide/interpreter/travel buddy. While I convinced myself that I wasn’t interested in seeing the live concerts (because I didn’t think I’d ever have a chance to go), I know that this would be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

After much deliberation and a lot of encouragement from others, I’ve decided that I would try to save up as much as I can for a plane ticket to Tokyo. I need to be able to book the flight within the next four weeks before prices go up, and from there I will continue to save up for other expenses. And If I’m able to go, I’m hoping to do a concert report and I will likely open up a limited-time shopping service for concert merchandise and search for any other UtaPri merchandise upon request. Being able to ship from Japan will potentially cut costs for anyone purchasing from other countries besides the USA.

Lastly, I just recently received my first donation for this translation project! Thank you to "lili cos" for your donation, I really appreciate it! While graduate school is making its way out of the picture, I’m going to save up for this potential trip to Japan in May/June. I hope to have Reiji’s Solo Interview done within the next week or two and I’ll also be continuing with the Polaris booklet. Fingers crossed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment