Thursday, December 29, 2016

Special Cross-Talk: Reiji & Otoya & Tokiya

All of the translations linked here are my own work. Please DO NOT re-post or screenshot my work without permission.



There are four joint interviews with each of the senior-junior units about the "photoshoot" for the front and back covers of the 5th Anniversary Book. All interviews answer the same four questions.

The Reiji, Otoya & Tokiya interview can be found on pages 138 and 139.


Special Cross Talk: Post-Photoshoot Interview

Here we give you a special planned interview on the idols who have just finished their cover photoshoot.
We’ve divided them up by Master Course groups and developed a senior-junior talk.
First up is Otoya & Tokiya, with their senior Reiji.
Let’s look at the workings of this marvelous, well-oiled trio that is the balance of two energetic idols and the cool Tokiya.





--First, in regards to the cover photoshoot, how was it this time?


Reiji: This time we used a trampoline in the photoshoot to display a feeling of flying, right?

Otoya: Yeah yeah! It was super fun!

Tokiya: The photoshoot’s difficulty went up, but I think we were able to take good photos.

Otoya: I took pictures with Tokiya, but we were perfectly in sync so it was a good feeling.

Tokiya: Because I matched myself up with you...

Otoya: Really? I didn’t know that! I thought it would be interesting to look towards the camera while facing the back, so I challenged myself.

Reiji: Otoyan, I was surprised 'cause you went out of your way to do a difficult pose. Since we were directed to make eye contact with the camera we had to turn our faces toward the camera, so I was worried that your neck would hurt (laughs).

Tokiya: For that matter Kotobuki-san, you were rather acrobatic.

Reiji: Well among the four of us, wouldn’t I be the only one who’d seem likely to move around? So by showing off even a little bit, I attended to it in my own way♪

Tokiya: As for me, since Otoya was moving, I thought that a moderate pose would balance things out more, so I took it easy in the face of the photoshoot.

Otoya: Looking at the picture, Tokiya looks still, doesn’t he! Instead of jumping he looks like he’s floating in the air!

Reiji: Certainly... Even his expression is calm, and there’s absolutely no disruption to his hair. I have a feeling that maybe that’s even more difficult to do.


--Tell us an inside story about the photoshoot, if there is one.


Tokiya: I talked about this earlier, but since Otoya was jumping too high, my feet were unstable and it was tough to deal with.

Reiji: ‘Cause when jumping in pairs, your feet can be unstable when left up to the timing of your partner.

Otoya: Sorry, Tokiya. I didn’t notice.

Tokiya: I don’t really mind. It happens. In the opposite fashion it would be harder if you had noticed.

Reiji: The very first time Otoyan and Tokki did the shoot, I watched from afar and gave them advice☆

Otoya: Since we didn’t really know what kind of pose it would turn into, Rei-chan teaching us was a big help!

Tokiya: Kotobuki-san was very senior-like.

Reiji: Senior-“like,” ‘cause I AM the senior!


--I believe you had to live together as Master Course senior and junior, but even now do you have exchanges in your private lives?


Otoya: Yeah! Like we meet once in a while. When we feel up to it we’re like “let’s get together."

Reiji: Mostly me or Otoyan do the planning, and then Tokki joins in.

Tokiya: Your invitations are too sudden. Do you give any thought to people’s time?

Reiji: And yet you keep saying "as long as if it fits in your schedule”!

Tokiya: That is...because it is rude to refuse, yes?

Otoya: We always have a good relationship like this!


--Do you check each other’s activities?


Reiji: ‘f course, I check♪ What my cute juniors are doing concerns me after all. Like, “I wonder what they're doing?”

Tokiya: I also record and confirm. Since my personality is different from these two, there is a lot that I study. Of course, not limited to these two, but I’m mindful of checking all of my fellow idols’ activities.

Otoya: I look, too. Seeing these two doing their best gets me worked up!


--Lastly, please offer a message to all of your fans.


Otoya: Since I’ll continue doing a loooooot of stuff, please root for me! Of course, not just me but for Rei-chan and Tokiya as well!

Tokiya: Even from speaking like this, I always feel as though I’m receiving encouragement. Feeding on that, I believe I must continue to advance forward from day to day.

Reiji: I think the bond fostered in the Master Course will never be broken! So, My Girl, please always watch over us♪


Translator's Notes

I thought it was pretty obvious but just in case there's any confusion, I'm assuming that Reiji is referring to Quartet Night when he mentions "four people." And Tokiya's comment about people's time literally translates to "What is it that you think of people's time?" But I felt as though that wording lacked a tone of criticism. Other than that I didn't run into much difficulty, as these three's ways of speaking are pretty easy to understand.

This is the final group interview and the last of the 5th Anniversary Book requests in my queue! Keep a lookout for updates on my new translation schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment