Tuesday, August 1, 2017

July Roundup


My trip to Tokyo really put me on an unusual schedule for all of June and July. I really had to put translation on the back burner. With my plans changing (I've dropped the idea of graduate school for now and have gone back to focus on teaching and event organization), I need to focus on finances, so selling UtaPri stuff and doing group orders and shopping services has had all of my attention.

That said, here's a list of things I've accomplished in the past few months:

  • The 6th Stage Shopping Service was successful! Thank you to everyone who applied! And my apologies for the Shining Store 2016 service, I was being very careful with that but they had much less stock than I had expected.
  • I've written three reports on my experiences during 6th Stage event! Since I didn't have monthly updates for May or June, I figured that the reports would be sufficient replacements. You can view the ones on shopping here and here, and then one on the concert here.
  • I have one non-5th Anniversary translation done. It's a small one, but I will post it in the next few days after I've had it revised.
  • I've finally listened to Polaris, haha. I had been running around so much that it was hard to sit still and listen, but I managed to get through it while reading the script.
Here's a few goals I'd like to accomplish:
  • Because I've listened to Polaris, I can start translating the cast interview. I did translate character profiles and a summary on Tumblr, so once the interview is done I plan to post the whole thing on the blog.
  • I have another non-5th translation on my mind, it's just a matter of getting the screenshots for it. I feel like the past two months has been nothing but taking pictures and grabbing screenshots from the UtaPri website...
  • It has been taking me months to finish playing All Star After Secret, because I typically play before bedtime but I'm just tired on most nights and want to sleep. So far I've done one route each for Quartet Night and I'm currently on Otoya's route. I hope to finish before the Amazing Aria & Sweet Serenade re-make is released! I haven't even touched Repeat LOVE...
And here are some upcoming plans:
  • I will be hosting a group order for Shining Store 2017 online merchandise. Note that, unlike for 6th Stage, I will be in the United States when I carry out this order, so shipping costs will be different compared to the 6th Stage Shopping Service. Also, these items will be pre-orders, which means it will take months before the items arrive. The form should be open before the end of August.
  • For the second time in a row, I will be hosting a cosplay and fan gathering at Otakon 2017. It's not an official one but I hope that anyone who plans to attend can stop by! Cosplay isn't required at all!
I hope to be able to get back to my regular blogging schedule. 6th Stage coupled with 7th Anniversary has been overwhelming!

No comments:

Post a Comment