Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Special Cross-Talk: Ai & Natsuki & Syo

All of the translations linked here are my own work. Please DO NOT re-post or screenshot my work without permission.



There are four joint interviews with each of the senior-junior units about the "photoshoot" for the front and back covers of the 5th Anniversary Book. All interviews answer the same four questions.

The Ai, Natsuki & Syo interview can be found on pages 142 and 143.


Special Cross Talk: Post-Photoshoot Interview

It’s impressive in any case how perfectly the conversation with Ai, Natsuki, and Syo fit together.
In the cover spread, even from the splendid synchronization of the three’s poses, the excellence of their teamwork is gratifyingly told.
In this pleasant talk involving the perfect friendship, surely anything can be narrated?




--First, in regards to the cover photoshoot, how was it this time?


Natsuki: We went boing, boing~ on the trampoline! We tried for an image of flying in the sky. Our clothes went floating, it turned out to be a splendid picture.

Syo: Since I was paired with Natsuki for photography, I thought it looked cleaner by matching up with him, so I tried a similar atmosphere.

Ai: I watched the two of you shooting first, and I imitated it. Because I was told they wanted to put forward a "sense of hovering,” and I thought Natsuki was the closest to that image.

Natsuki: Waa~! Well then, the three of us are identical! I wanted to shoot together with Ai-chan as well.

Syo: But, Ai did the shoot with Ranmaru-sempai, and that too had a different atmosphere than usual, it was interesting to watch.

Ai: Thank you. Since you two have been with each other since your days in the Academy, it’s no surprise you were also a perfect pair. Even though you differ in physique, your timing and jump height were about the same. Everyone admired you.

Natsuki: That’s because Syo-chan took the lead! He has great reflexes, so it was very reliable.

Syo: I-is that so? I’m flattered when you put it that way. But it did come out to be a good photo showing the photoshoot’s atmosphere!

Ai: Yes. The photo even now has a feeling of lively movement, I like it too.


--Tell us an inside story about the photoshoot, if there is one.


Syo: Natsuki persuading me by saying he wanted to hold hands and jump was tiring (haha).

Natsuki: I thought holding hands would be more fun. And there’s the feeling of leaping together.

Syo: That might be the case, but it’s dangerous. If you get injured, the photoshoot would have to end.

Ai: I see what Natsuki is saying, but this time Syo is correct. Even without doing something like that, you were able to take nice photos.

Natsuki: If it’s coming from Ai-chan, that gives me confidence!

Syo: Ai jumped so high, that the first time he was out of the frame. Even Ranmaru-sempai was surprised.

Natsuki: It looked as if he was going to grow wings.

Ai: I made a slight maladjustment of power, that’s all.


--I believe you had to live together as Master Course senior and junior, but even now do you have exchanges in your private lives?


Ai: We meet regularly. It’s not really a matter of someone making plans, it’s more like if there’s something to be concerned about, an invitation is made.

Natsuki: We just hung out recently too! I really wanted to eat some seasonal sweets at this cafe no matter what, so I invited these two!

Syo: We seem to go shopping and have tea often. Afterwards we do something like hang out in someone’s room. Anyway, when I feel like calling those two, it’s easy to invite them.


--Do you check each other’s activities?


Natsuki: I double check everything that these two tell me about. Since I’m not good at looking up information, there might be a lot of things I end up missing that I don’t learn from them.

Syo: I check things like magazines often. And then there’s music-related things. I look at other detailed things when I can. To check everything is a little difficult, but when there's time.

Ai: I check everything. No matter how detailed it is. Surely I’m more knowledgeable compared to these two.


--Lastly, please offer a message to all of your fans.


Ai: I feel like we reached the end pretty quickly. There’s still many things I want to say, but I’ll save it for the next opportunity. Until then please think of me.

Natsuki: Did everyone enjoy this? I was so happy to talk with my beloved Syo-chan and Ai-chan! Let’s meet again.

Syo: I’ve done this greeting a number of times. So much that I can’t count, but my thoughts of you all never come to an end. I love you!


Translator's Notes

I was amused by how the introduction gushed about these three, I read that part several times to make sure I was getting the right vibe and wondered if I should have cut back on the words of praise, but I didn't want to leave any words out. Syo didn't make a single outburst--but probably because Natsuki was so well behaved, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment