Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Special Cross Talk: Camus & Cecil

All of the translations linked here are my own work. Please DO NOT re-post or screenshot my work without permission.



There are four joint interviews with each of the senior-junior units about the "photoshoot" for the front and back covers of the 5th Anniversary Book. All interviews answer the same four questions.

The Camus & Cecil interview can be found on pages 144 and 145.


Special Cross Talk: Post-Photoshoot Interview

Adorning the end of the Post-Photoshoot Interviews are Camus and Cecil.
While sharing in common being from foreign countries, these two also had many differences during the Master Course. 
Their way of unevenness is still alive and well, but perhaps recently there have been positions in which they see eye-to-eye…?
This cross-talk offers a glimpse into each of their points of view in regards to work.




--First, in regards to the cover photoshoot, how was it this time?


Cecil: Everyone else took photos in pairs, but on account of the trampoline size, I was photographed alone. I was told it was because the trampoline is too dangerous for three people. But, since my friends supported me, I wasn’t lonely. In addition, since I was by myself I could jump without being concerned about having space; I was able to feel at ease during photography.

Camus: Hmph, you didn’t feel exposed?

Cecil: Not at all! I was praised by the staff for having nice shots. How did you do, Camus?

Camus: Me? It was decidedly perfect. Were you not watching?

Cecil: I was getting ready during that time.

Camus: Typical foolishness. Well, I suppose it’s not possible to imagine the kind of technique and consideration for the cameraman that pose would consist of. Whatever conditions are in place, I behave in a noble manner without forgetting grace. I am aware of even a single hair being out of place.

Cecil: But I can’t see how I look when I’m jumping. How do I know my hair's movement?

Camus: It’s a metaphor, you fool. This is the kind of thing that gets on my nerves.

Cecil: Your words are very difficult. However I answer, a “NO” is thrown back at me.

Camus: No one intends for you to understand. I work my way, you work your way. That’s sufficient.


--Tell us an inside story about the photoshoot, if there is one.


Camus: Kotobuki—with whom I was paired for the photoshoot—was incredibly noisy. Even more than posing, the moment he’d jump, he’d raise his voice. He was unconcerned with whether I responded or not.

Cecil: I was having my outfit checked in the waiting room, but even from there I could hear Reiji-sempai’s voice! But it sounded fun so I wanted to hurry and get my picture taken too.

Camus: You weren’t paired with anyone so you can say that. It was a big nuisance.

Cecil: In contrast, I jumped to the voices of everyone else. They would call out “Do your best!” and “That’s good!” in rhythm, so that made me feel comfortable. It was as though I was being tossed into the air.


--I believe you had to live together as Master Course senior and junior, but even now do you have exchanges in your private lives?


Camus: Absolutely not.

Cecil: None.

Camus: I don’t even want to make eye contact with him at work to begin with. Being with him in private would be equivalent to a nightmare.

Cecil: Do you have to go that far? I don’t dislike you to such an extent. If you wished, I’d go out somewhere with you at any time, you know?

Camus: I don’t wish to travel even one millimeter with you. Rest assured.


--Do you check each other’s activities?


Cecil: When I notice something I watch carefully. But I’m not very good with mechanics so if I don’t see something at that moment, I’m not sure of what to do. So it’s easy to check magazines and things like that. TV is still somewhat difficult.

Camus: You just don’t have the motivation to check. It’s commonplace for me but I check everything. As a pro that’s the absolute minimum. As for checking on Aijima, I’m busy so I don’t have the time. It doesn’t seem to be of benefit to me.


--Lastly, please offer a message to all of your fans.


Cecil: I think our usual natures have been shown. Camus is always cold, but as a senior I think he’s amazing. I’ll also do my best to please everyone.

Camus: Hmph. Even being praised by you doesn’t make me happy or anything. But I’ll praise your ability to recognize the truth. There are ladies who are reading this, so I’ll pray that happiness visits the ignorant masses.


Translator's Notes

Camus' Japanese continues to be difficult for me to understand. I don't know if I could say I enjoyed this interview as much compared to past translations because of it. There may be a few things that need to be tweaked. But now that it's out of the way I hope the other interviews are more enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment