Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Shining Web Store 2019 Purchase Guide

As you may know from previous blog posts and social media, I've decided to slow down on doing orders and shopping services for early next year. That said, I won't be hosting a full group pre-order for this year's Shining Web Store.

I know for many of you this makes it a little more difficult to get items, but I've written up this special blog post to help out, so I hope you find it useful!

First, please check my general guide on searching for and ordering UtaPri items using a proxy service. I recommend using FromJapan, and if you sign up using my referral link, they'll give you 500 pts (equal to 500 yen). If you're comfortable navigating Japanese websites and have an eligible credit or debit card, you can sign up for a forwarding service like Tenso and use the mailing address and phone number they provide you with to make an account with the online shop and order directly.

Once you sign up, here are the three different shops for the Shining Web Store:
Please note that Prince Cats, Special Prince Cats, Mini Prince Cats, and Tiny Prince Cats will NOT be available in the Shining Web Store! The Shining Store Item List does mark them as 通販 which means that they should be available for online sale at some point, but it's not certain when that will be.

Next, keep in mind that there are purchase limits per order. For example, My Favorite Things Can Badges have a limit of 20 per order.

So if you want to buy 40 can badges, you have to make two orders for 20 can badges. Likewise, if clear files have a limit of 3 per character and you want to order 4 Tokiya clear files, then you have to split the quantity to stay under the limit. Broccoli will charge about $5 shipping for each order you make. Movic charges about the same, but offers free shipping for orders over 8000 yen. Movic also gives purchase points that you can use to buy items from their points exchange page.

For anyone concerned about trading items, I'm hosting a group order for those to help people get the characters they want. As usual, the requested characters aren't 100% guaranteed, but hopefully I'll be able to gather as many as possible. The sign-up link is here.

All Shining Store items this year are estimated to be released from mid-February to early March. So if you plan to order from two or more of the above shops, the proxy/forwarding service that you use should be able to combine those orders for you (most services hold orders for up to 30 days). But keep in mind that these services will either charge you for extended storage time, or they'll discard your items! So make sure to check your e-mail often when the release date nears.

I may host a group order for other items, but I can tell you that if you do the work yourself by using a proxy or forwarding service, you might end up saving some money on big orders. Hope this helps and I'll add any information that I might think is important!

UPDATE 2019/09/13: I have opened a group order for other Shining Store items! Please note that I've set purchase limits for certain items and other items are excluded, so if you plan to make a large order it may be beneficial for you to use a proxy service.

The sign-up form is here!










No comments:

Post a Comment